NOAA Weather Radio
KE2XKP Tomah, WI (Ridgeville)
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather information for residents in western and central Wisconsin. The following is the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast provides a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and northern Illinois.
- A five day forecast (centered on Monroe County, WI) for west central Wisconsin.
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across Wisconsin and the region, updated once an hour.
- When precipitation is approaching or within the listening area, a radar summary is provided.
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next 2 to 4 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- Other statements are periodically run on a varied schedule. These statements may include informational topics, or statements about extreme weather conditions.
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 11:00 a.m. and 12 Noon. If severe weather is forecast or threatens, the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin: Adams, Jackson, Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe, Vernon, and Wood.