Who Helped with This Project?
The National Weather Service office in La Crosse, WI would like to sincerely thank the following for their assistance in compiling the information contained in this web site:
- Steve Carr, Communications Specialist, at NewspaperARCHIVE.com
- Mark Wicks, Managing Editor, Charles City Press
- Deb Kunkle, City Editor, Oelwein Daily Register
- Fly Tornado Paths Using Google Earth - Professor Perry Samson, University of Michigan's Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic & Space Sciences
- Greg Carbin, NCEP Storm Prediction Center
- Harry Hillaker, Iowa State Climatologist
- Jeff Sisson for providing his personal account and pictures of the Charles City aftermath
- Significant Tornadoes: 1680-1991 , Thomas P. Grazulis
- Seth Binau, NWS La Crosse Lead Forecaster, for helping proofread some of the pages.
- Todd Shea, NWS La Crosse Warning Coordination Meteorologist (WCM), for making valuable contacts at the Central Iowa NWA Severe Storms & Doppler Radar Conference. These contacts helped greatly helped with this project. He also helped with providing suggestions and with proofreading some of the pages.
- Tornado History Project
- All the individuals who so graciously shared their accounts, despite the tragic memories it brought back for many.