WNG564/Black River Falls, WI
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather information for residents in Westcentral Wisconsin. The following is the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and northern Illinois. It is updated at 430 am, 1030 am, 330 pm, and 830 pm.
- A seven day forecast for the Western Wisconsin is broadcast 24 hours a day and updated at 430 am and 430 pm, or whenever needed.
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are updated approximately 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is occuring within about 130 miles of Central Wisconsin, a radar summary is provided.
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next 2 to 4 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- A brief climatological report is broadcast from 8 to 10 am, and 8 to 10 pm. This report will include high and low temperatures, along with precipitation for the Sparta, Eau Claire, and La Crosse.
- Other statements are periodically run on a varied schedule. These statements may include montly climate summaries, informational topics, or statements about extreme weather conditions.
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 1100 am and 1200 pm. If severe weather is forecast or threatens, the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin: Clark, Eau Claire, Jackson, Monroe, Trempealeau, and Wood.