WXJ86 LA CROSSE, WI/ KGG95 WINONA, MN
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather information for residents in West Central and Southwest Wisconsin, extreme Southeast Minnesota, and extreme Northeast Iowa. The following is the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and northern Illinois. It is updated at 430 am, 1030 am, 330 pm, and 830 pm.
- A seven day forecast for the Coulee Region is broadcast 24 hours a day and updated at 430 am and 430 pm, or whenever needed.
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are updated approximately 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is occuring within about 130 miles from La Crosse, a radar summary is provided.
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next 2 to 4 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- Climatological data for La Crosse Municipal Airport is broadcast from 500 am to 900 am and from 500 pm to 800 pm.
- Mississippi River Stages are run daily from 1000 am to 1200 pm.
- Mississippi River Forecast Stages are run daily fom 1200 pm to 200 pm.
- Other statements are periodically run on a varied schedule. These statements may include montly climate summaries, informational topics, or statements about extreme weather conditions.
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 1100 am and 1200 pm. If severe weather is forecast or threatens, the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin: Buffalo, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Trempealeau, Vernon, and Crawford.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota: Houston, and Winona.
- serves the following counties in Iowa: Allamakee.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota: Winona.
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin: Buffalo and Trempealeau.