WXK41 ROCHESTER, MN
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather information for residents in Southeast Minnesota. The following is the "routine" broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and northern Illinois. It is updated four times a day.
- A seven day forecast for Southeast Minnesota is broadcast 24 hours a day and updated as needed (at least twice a day, but often more).
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are updated approximately 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is occuring within about 130 miles of Rochester, a radar summary is provided.
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next 2 to 6 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- Climatological information is broadcast from 5:00 - 9:00 a.m., and from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Other statements are periodically run on a varied schedule. These statements may include montly climate summaries, informational topics, or statements about extreme weather conditions.
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 11:00 a.m. and 12 Noon. If severe weather is forecast or threatens, the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
All watches, advisories, and warnings are broadcast as they are issued. Higher priority watches and warnings are alert activated.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota: Goodhue, Wabasha, Dodge, Mower, Fillmore, Olmsted, Houston, and Winona.
- serves the following county in Wisconsin: Buffalo