NOAA WEATHER RADIO
KXI-68 St. Ansgar
These stations provide complete and up-to-the minute weather
information for residents in North and Northeast Iowa, along with extreme Southern Minnesota.
The following is the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides
a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa,
and northern Illinois. It is updated at 430 am, 1030 am, 330 pm, and 830 pm.
- A five day forecast for North and Northeast Iowa and extreme Southern Minnesota is broadcast 24
hours a day and updated at 430 am and 430 pm, or
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the
upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are usually updated
around 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is
approaching or within the listening area, a radar summary
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next
2 to 4 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- A brief climatological report is broadcast from 8 to 10 am, and 8 to 10 pm.
This report will include high and low temperatures, along with precipitation for
Charles City, Mason City and Decorah IA, and Austin MN.
- Other statements are periodically run on
a varied schedule. These statements may include informational topics, or statements about extreme
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 1100
am and 1200 pm. If severe weather is forecast or threatens,
the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Iowa: Cerro Gordo, Chickasaw, Floyd, Howard, Mitchell, and Worth.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota: Freeborn and Mower.