NOAA WEATHER RADIO
WNG-564/Black River Falls, WI
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather
information for residents in Westcentral Wisconsin. The following is
the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides
a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa,
and northern Illinois. It is updated at 430 am, 1030 am, 330 pm, and 830 pm.
- A seven day forecast for the Western Wisconsin is broadcast 24
hours a day and updated at 430 am and 430 pm, or
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the
upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are updated
approximately 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is
occuring within about 130 miles of Central Wisconsin, a radar
summary is provided.
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next
2 to 4 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- A brief climatological report is broadcast from 8 to 10 am, and 8 to 10 pm.
This report will include high and low temperatures, along with precipitation for
the Sparta, Eau Claire, and La Crosse.
- Other statements are periodically run on
a varied schedule. These statements may include montly climate
summaries, informational topics, or statements about extreme
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 1100
am and 1200 pm. If severe weather is forecast or threatens,
the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin:
Clark, Eau Claire, Jackson, Monroe, Trempealeau, and Wood.