NOAA WEATHER RADIO
WXJ-86 LA CROSSE, WI/
KGG-95 WINONA, MN
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather
information for residents in West Central and Southwest
Wisconsin, extreme Southeast Minnesota, and extreme Northeast
Iowa. The following is the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides
a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa,
and northern Illinois. It is updated at 430 am, 1030 am, 330 pm, and 830 pm.
- A seven day forecast for the Coulee Region is broadcast 24
hours a day and updated at 430 am and 430 pm, or
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the
upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are updated
approximately 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is
occuring within about 130 miles from La Crosse, a radar summary
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next
2 to 4 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- Climatological data for La Crosse Municipal Airport is broadcast
from 500 am to 900 am and from 500 pm to 800 pm.
- Mississippi River Stages are run daily from 1000 am to 1200 pm.
- Mississippi River Forecast Stages are run daily fom 1200 pm to
- Other statements are periodically run on
a varied schedule. These statements may include montly climate
summaries, informational topics, or statements about extreme
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 1100
am and 1200 pm. If severe weather is forecast or threatens,
the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin: Buffalo,
Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Trempealeau, Vernon, and Crawford.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota: Houston, and
- serves the following counties in Iowa: Allamakee.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota:
- serves the following counties in Wisconsin:
Buffalo and Trempealeau.