NOAA WEATHER RADIO
WXK-41 ROCHESTER, MN
This station provides complete and up-to-the minute weather
information for residents in Southeast Minnesota. The following is
the broadcast schedule:
- A regional forecast is broadcast 24 hours a day and provides
a summary of anticipated weather for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa,
and northern Illinois. It is updated at 430 am, 1030 am, 330 pm, and 830 pm.
- A seven day forecast for Southeast Minnesota is broadcast 24
hours a day and updated at 430 am and 430 pm, or
- Current weather conditions for selected locations across the
upper Midwest are broadcast continuously and are updated
approximately 5 minutes past each hour. When precipitation is
occuring within about 130 miles of Rochester, a radar
summary is provided.
- A short term forecast of expected weather conditions in the next
2 to 6 hours is broadcast when precipitation is in the area or weather conditions are changing.
- Climatological information is broadcast from 500 am until 900 am, and from 500 pm to 800 pm.
- Other statements are periodically run on
a varied schedule. These statements may include montly climate
summaries, informational topics, or statements about extreme
- A warning alarm test is conducted every Wednesday between 1100
am and 1200 pm. If severe weather is forecast or threatens,
the test is postponed until the next "good" weather day.
- serves the following counties in Minnesota: Goodhue, Dodge, Mower,
Fillmore, Olmsted, Houston, and Winona.
- serves the following county in Wisconsin: Buffalo