|Warning Polygons Issued by NWS Duluth on July 27th (blue: severe tstm warning, red: tornado warning)
Jump back to the Significant Events Database
- Tornado Information finalized (10/4): The tornado information has been finalized.
Click Here for the Latest Information on the Tornadoes
- Preliminary Ratings (2:12 PM 7/30): EF-Scale ratings have been applied to the three tornadoes from July 27th.
- Four Decades: It's been 40 years since a tornado has been confirmed and officially documented in Iron County, Wisconsin. Ashland County last saw a confirmed tornado in 1998.
- Survey Update (4:38 PM 7/29): The survey team has confirmed three tornado tracks from July 27th. The storm surveys are now complete. Remember that these results are preliminary and more details will be added once we have had time to completely review the information gathered on the damage survey.
- We Could Use Pictures and Reports: If you have any pictures or reports from the severe weather event, feel free to email us by clicking here or give us a call at 1-218-729-6794
- 3 tornadoes confirmed - 2 in Ashland County, 1 in Iron County
- First tornado in Iron County since July 7, 1970, and only the 4th tornado in the county since 1950.
- First tornado(es) in Ashland County since May 12, 1998, and only the 8th and 9th tornadoes in the county since 1950.
- 14 warnings issued by NWS Duluth - 4 Tornado Warnings and 10 Severe Thunderstorm Warnings
- 31 severe weather reports received by the NWS Duluth. We also received 17 additional non-severe reports.
- Up to baseball size hail reported in Bayfield County, where wind driven hail caused a substantial amount of damage, particularly in the Delta township.
Other NWS Offices' Web Pages On This Event
NWS Chanhassen, MN
NWS Green Bay, WI