NWS Quad Cities Severe Weather Spotter Training Schedule
Spotter training classes cover severe weather hazards including thunderstorms and tornadoes. This includes the general structure and movement of severe thunderstorms, identification of important storm features, and safety concerns.
- Most classes to be conducted be the NWS Quad Cities office in 2015 are scheduled and posted below. 7 remain to be scheduled.
- All classes last about 2 hours.
- They are free and open to the public.
- Classes are appropriate for all ages. Ages 10 and up will likely get the most out of the training.
- Pre-registration is NOT required unless specifically noted for a particular class.
- Classes are scheduled in collaboration with local emergency management officials.
** Important: Please note that a class will NOT be held in every county every year. You may attend a class in any location, regardless of where you live. **
Visit our preparedness page for additional information.