The following information provides specifics on the left menu navigation bar of the Quad Cities National Weather Service (NWS) homepage:
Watches/Warnings displays current information on local and national severe weather watches and warnings.
Outlooks For Severe Weather - displays the current Hazardous Weather Outlook for the Quad Cities NWS area of responsibility. Rainfall, Winter, Drought, and Fire Weather.
Submit A Storm Report via our eSpotter system. Registered spotters can log in and submit severe weather reports to the Quad Cities NWS.
Observations Displays current weather conditions. Access to current surface maps, a tabular summary of the weather across eastern Iowa, western Illinois, and northeast Missouri and detailed observations from airport sites in Iowa and Illinois.
- Local Radar displays the current radar image from Quad Cities, IA/IL (KDVN). Nationwide displays current radar imagery nationwide. Within this image, you can click on an area to zoom in to the local NWS radar for that area.
Satellite Images allows you to display several different types of satellite pictures.
Observed Precip Current and archived precipitation amounts across the country.
- Forecast Discussion Well-reasoned discussion of the meteorological thinking which goes into the preparation of the forecast product.
- Local Area provides quick links to local area forecasts, discussions and model data. Information on local forecasts can also be accessed by clicking on specific points of the map on the main page.
- Aviation displays current aviation forecasts (TAFs & TWEBs) issued by the Quad Cities NWS. Provides links to the Aviation Weather Center.
- Fire Weather National maps, links to SPC Fire Weather page, entry point for authorized requests for Spot Forecasts.
- Severe Weather link to the Storm Prediction Center.
- Winter Weather link to the Hydrometerological Prediction Center for a national overview of Winter Weather Forecasts.
Rivers and Hydrology:
AHPS/River Info allows you to access the Advanced Hydrological Prediction Service (AHPS) for eastern Iowa, western Illinois, and northeast Missouri. AHPS displays current river stage observations, and river forecast information.
- Local Past Weather is an interactive page that allows you to access weather data for the Quad Cities forecast area, and elsewhere in the nation.
- National page.
- More Past Weather provides links to unique local climate data.
- Drought Status provides information on drought conditions affecting Iowa and Illinois.
Preparedness - several sections deal with how you can prepare for various weather hazards: Severe Weather, Winter Weather, Lightning, and Heat.
NOAA Weather Radio provides information on the radio network that covers eastern Iowa, western Illinois and northeast Missouri.
StormReady is a national program to assist communities and counties to prepare for severe weather.