Here are the results for the letter q
- Quantitative Precipitation Forecast. A spatial and temporal precipitation forecast that will predict the potential amount of future precipitation for a specified region, or area.
- QPF Discussion
- This HPC forecast discussion is directed completely to explaining manual forecasts of areas in the contiguous 48 states expected to receive 1/4 inch or more precipitation during a 24-hour period. The manual forecasts are explained in terms of initial conditions and differences and/or similarities in the numerical model forecasts. General confidence in the manual forecast is expressed where it is appropriate and possible alternatives may be offered. This product is issued 3 times a day.
- NCEP Excessive Rainfall Discussion
- NCEP Heavy Snow Discussion
- NCEP Precipitation Forecast Discussion
- Quasi-stationary - describes a low or high pressure area or a front that is nearly stationary.
- The component of the complex signal that is 90 degrees out of phase with the inphase component. This component lies along the imaginary axis the complex plane.
- Quality of Snow
- The amount of ice in a snow sample expressed as a percent of the weight of the sample.
- Quantitative Precipitation Forecast
- A spatial and temporal precipitation forecast that will predict the potential amount of future precipitation for a specified region, or area.
- (abbrev. QSTNRY)- Describes a low or high pressure area or a front that is nearly stationary.
- Quasi-stationary Front
- A front which is nearly stationary or moves very little since the last synoptic position. Also known as a stationary front.
- Quiescent Prominence (Filament)
- Long, sheet-like prominences nearly vertical
to the solar surface
- Solar activity levels with less than one chromospheric event per day.
You can either type in the word you are looking for in the box below or browse by letter.
Browse by letter:# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z