Illinois Weather Trivia for December 25th

12/25/2010
The chances of a "White Christmas" are based on 30 years worth of climatological data, and gives the likelihood of there being at least 1 inch of snow on the ground. In Illinois, chances of a White Christmas range from around 60% near the Wisconsin border, to around 10% at the extreme south tip of the state. In central parts of Illinois, the chance is around 30% to 40%.

USA.gov is the U.S. government's official web portal to all federal, state and local government web resources and services.
  • Web Site Owner:
  • National Weather Service
  • Central Illinois Weather Forecast Office
  • 1362 State Route 10
  • Lincoln, IL 62656
  • 217-732-3089 (8:30 am to 4 pm)
  • Page Author: ILX Webmaster
  • Web Master's E-mail: w-ilx.webmaster@noaa.gov
  • Page last modified: 13-Sep-2010 5:47 PM UTC