Spotter Training Schedule for 2010
- Check back frequently for updates & changes. A couple of classes still have to be cemented in place
- Unless otherwise noted below, all classes are open to general public, you are not required to be a spotter...education never hurt anyone. Classes are free, with a 10 to 15 minute break midway through the class.
- If you can't attend the class(es) scheduled for your county, feel free to attend a class in a neighboring county. In any case, it's a good idea to contact the Emergency Management Director of the county class you are attending ahead of time to find out if you need to pre-register. Some classes have limited seating, thus the reason for possible pre-registration.
- Prior to attending the class, please read and surf through all the links and material found on the Storm Spotter Page on this web site so that you can more easily understand the material presented in the class.
- Most spotter classes are taught by Rusty Kapela. He doesn't provide completion certificates, since he trains over 2500 people each year. For the most part, County Emergency Management Directors don't provide certificates, but a couple of them do. Therefore, in general, please do not expect a certificate.
- Attendance at some classes has been increasing significantly the past few years, and sometimes it’s standing-room only (or sitting on the floor). Therefore, you should plan on arriving at the classes at least 15-20 minutes prior to the posted starting time in order to get a seat.
- All 2010 classes are basic, unless otherwise indicated in the schedule listing. Five advanced classes will be conducted - one each in Dane, Kenosha, Dodge, Iowa and Jefferson County.
- A message to new spotters from Rusty Kapela, WCM MKX
April 19-23, 2010 - Wisconsin Tornado and Severe Weather Awareness Week
Drill Day is Thursday April 22, 2010 from 1 to 2 PM.
In an attempt to speed up the sign-in process, please bring a current mailing address label/sticker for the sign-in sheet. Thanks!
|There are currently no outreach events scheduled.|