NOAA'S National Weather Service
Weather Forecast Office
Station Digest - A look at the National Weather Service in Marquette and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Station History - A detailed look at the history of the National Weather Service's Weather Forecast Office Marquette.
The Staff of the Marquette National Weather Service Office
After each person is their NWS title and any special duties they perform. Click on a name to send an email to that individual.
- Robin Turner Meteorologist in Charge (MIC) - Overseer of the personnel, operations and office functions.
- Mike Dutter Science and Operations Officer (SOO) - Overseer of staff training and research
- Matt Zika Warning Coordination Meteorologist (WCM) - Public Awareness programs, spotter training and office instruction
- Tim Akom Electronic Systems Analyst (ESA) - Supervision of the electronics and the computer network programs
- Administrative Assistant (vacant) - Handles files, forms, time keeping, bills and contracts (runs the office)
- Gwen Akom Information Technology Officer (ITO) - AWIPS Program Manager/Assistant Webmaster/Warngen Program team member
- David Petrovich Observations Program Leader (OPL) - Data / CO-OP operations chief / Outreach, and NOAA Weather Radio (CRS)
- Mark Stacey Electronics Technician - Maintains equiptment for the office, including the WSR-88D and remote weather observing stations.
- Jon Banitt Severe Weather Program Manager; Storm Verification
- Kevin Crupi Climate Program Manager
- Greg Michels Marine Program Manager
- Don Rolfson Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist
- Jon Voss Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist; Storm Verification; Fire Weather Program Team Member
- Jason Alumbaugh Fire Weather, Aviation, WSR-88D and Marine Team Member
- Kari Fleegel IMET/Fire Weather Program Team Leader; Environmental Focal Point; Co-EEO & Diversity Team Leader and Aviation Team Member
- Steve Fleegel Assistant SOO; IFPS-GFE/NOAA Weather Radio (CRS)/Drought/GIS - Situational Awareness and Social Media Team Leaders; Hydrology and Web Program Team Member
- Justin Titus Hydrology Program Manager; WSR-88D Program Manager; IFPS-GFE/SOO - Forecast Operations/Aviation and GIS Team Member
- Megan Dodson Rip Current Studies Program Manager; Co-EEO & Diversity Team Leader
- Todd Kluber Aviation Program Manager; Social Media Co-Leader; GIS and Hydrology Team Member
- Keith Cooley Hydrology, Fire Weather, IFPS-GFE, Rip Current, and Webmaster Team Member
- Jim Salzwedel Hydrometeorological Technician
National Weather Service Marquette
County Warning Area
The National Weather Service in Marquette provides warning and forecast service for 13 counties in west and central Upper Michigan, the adjacent nearshore waters of Lake Superior and Lake Michigan, and the open waters of Lake Superior.