NOAA'S NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE
Station Digest - Click here for a look at the National Weather Service in Marquette and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Station History - Click here for a detailed look at the history of the National Weather Service's Weather Forecast Office Marquette.
The Staff of the Marquette National Weather Service Office
After each person is their NWS title and any special duties they perform. Click on a name to send mail to that individual.
- Robin Turner Meteorologist in Charge (MIC) - Overseer of the personnel, operations and office functions.
- Mike Dutter Science and Operations Officer (SOO) - Overseer of staff training and research
- Matt Zika Warning Coordination Meteorologist (WCM) - Public Awareness programs, spotter training and office instruction
- Tim Akom Electronic Systems Analyst (ESA) - Supervision of the electronics and the computer network programs
- Vacant- Administrative Assistant - Handles files, forms, time keeping, bills and contracts (runs the office)
- Gwen Akom Information Technology Officer (ITO)- AWIPS Program Manager/Assistant Webmaster/Warngen Program team member/NWRwaves team member
- David Petrovich Observations Program Leader (OPL) - Data / CO-OP operations chief / Outreach, and NOAA Weather Radio (CRS)/NWRwaves Team Member
- Mark Stacey Electronics Technician
- Ian Fox Electronics SCEP
- Jon Banitt Severe Weather Program Manager
- Kevin Crupi Climate Program Manager
- Greg Michels Marine Program Manager
- Don Rolfson Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist
- Jon Voss Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist/ Fire Weather Program Team Member
- Jason Alumbaugh Assisstant Fire Weather Program Team Leader/Aviation Program Manager
- Kari Fleegel IMET/Fire Weather Program Team Leader/Environmental Focal Point/Co-EEO & Diversity Team Leader and Aviation Team Member
- Steve Fleegel Assistant SOO, IFPS-GFE/NOAA Weather Radio (CRS)/NWRwaves/Drought/GIS - Situational Awareness and Social Media Team Leaders, Hydrology and Web Program Team Member
- Justin Titus Hydrology Program Manager/Aviation Team Member/WSR-88D Program Co-Manager
- Megan Babich Rip Current Studies Program Manager/Co-EEO & Diversity Team Leader
- Todd Kluber Social Media Co-Team Leader/WSR-88D Program Co-Manager/Aviation and Hydrology Team Member
- Keith Cooley Hydrology/Rip Current/Webmaster Team Member
- Jane Marie Wix GIS Team Leader/Assistant Marine Program Manager/Fire Weather Team Member/Social Media Team
National Weather Service Marquette
County Warning Area
The National Weather Service in Marquette provides warning and forecast service for 13 counties in west and central Upper Michigan, the adjacent nearshore waters of Lake Superior and Lake Michigan, and the open waters of Lake Superior.