A light wintry mix of precipitation will continue in the "Tip of the Mitt," and Eastern Upper Michigan this afternoon. Precipitation will gradually change over to rain from south to north this afternoon and evening.
Weather and Timing:
- Light wintry mix of precipitation will continue, especially north of M-68, this afternoon.
- Precipitation will continue to gradually change over to all rain from south to north.
- Additional snow amounts will be less than an inch in Eastern Upper Michigan. A light coating of ice is possible, especially across north of M-68 in northern lower Michigan.
- Locally dense fog is possible across northern lower Michigan today.
- The main impact will be slick roads due to the snow and any minor ice accumulation.
Area residents are encouraged to check back for later forecasts and any changes to headlines, as the timing, intensity and type of wintry precipitation may change depending on location.