Multiple weather concerns exist today into this evening, due to a low pressure system impacting the area:
- Warmest day of the year so far, with near record warmth possible
- Highs in the 80s to lower 90s, warmest west of the Mississippi River (90 degree day climatology)
- 20 degrees above normal!
Increased Risk For Wildfires west of US-52 -
Scattered Thunderstorms -
- Possible between 5 pm and midnight as the cold front moves through.
- These could spark fires in the Red Flag Warning area.
- An isolated severe thunderstorm is possible with large hail and damaging winds.
- Main hazards with the storms will be lightning, small hail and wind gusts up to 55 mph.