What to Expect This afternoon and evening:
- Heat Advisory into the evening for parts of southwest Wisconsin and northeast Iowa.
- Heat Indices: 100 to 110 degrees during the afternoon and early evening hours along and south of Interstate 90.
- Highs: Lower 80s north to 95 south.
- Lows: 60s!
- Check on people who live alone or have medical conditions. Be sure they are in air conditioning.
- Be sure to drink plenty of fluids.
- Try to stay in air-conditioned rooms and out of the sun during the peak heat of the day.
- Do not leave pets or children in the car alone.
Saturday will be somewhat less humid with temperatures in the 80s areawide. A stronger cold front moves through Sunday and will bring temperatures into the 70s for Labor Day.