Post Storm Damage Survey Conducted for Delaware County
…Post Storm Damage Survey Conducted for Delaware County...
A National Weather Service Post Storm Damage Assessment Team, dispatched from the NWS Quad Cities Forecast Office in Davenport, confirmed an EF-1 tornado touched down over portions of Delaware County on the evening of Saturday, March 31st.
- Injuries: No people were injured. However, at least 20 cows were killed when a dairy barn collapsed onto them
- Rating: EF-1 with maximum estimated wind speeds of 108 mph
- Estimated time: 5:30 to 5:45 p.m.
- Length: Intermittent damage path 10 miles long
- Width: 200 yards at the widest point
- Location: Tornado started 5.4 miles north of Delaware in Delaware County and moved north northeast. The tornado crossed the county line 6 miles east of Edgewood and ended 4 miles south of Garber in Clayton County
- Damage: A machine shed and dairy barn were completely destroyed. Several outbuildings received minor damage and large trees were blown down.
KuhlReturn to News Archive
- EF0 65-85 mph
- EF1 86-110 mph
- EF2 111-135 mph
- EF3 136-165 mph
- EF4 166-200 mph
- EF5 201+ mph