A storm system moving across the Upper Midwest on Wednesday intiated thunderstorm development along a frontal boundary that stretched from Waterloo to Dubuque to Rockford. The airmass ahead ahead of these thunderstorms was very unstable and quickly became severe after they developed. These thunderstorms remained close to the boundary and produced heavy rain, large hail, strong gusty winds.
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL
217 PM CDT THU JUN 13 2013
...UPDATED STORM SURVEY RESULTS FOR THE JUNE 12TH CARROLL COUNTY
* LOCATION...THE TRACK BEGAN 6 MILES NORTH OF SAVANNA AND ENDED 4
MILES WEST OF MOUNT CARROLL
* TIMING...FROM 6:53 TO 7:03 PM.
* INJURIES/FATALITIES...1 INJURY.
* EF-SCALE RATING...EF2.
* ESTIMATED MAX WIND SPEED...135 MPH.
* MAX WIDTH...ONE HALF MILE
* PATH LENGTH...APPROXIMATELY 6 MILES.
* DAMAGE INFORMATION...THE PATH OF THE TORNADO WAS WELL DEFINED WITH
SIGNIFICANT TREE DAMAGE. SEVERAL FARM OUT BUILDINGS WERE DAMAGED
AND ONE HOUSE WAS PUSHED OFF ITS FOUNDATION.
...STORM SURVEY RESULTS FOR THE JUNE 12TH JO DAVIESS COUNTY IL
* LOCATION...3 SOUTH OF HANOVER ILLINOIS IN THE WOODS
* TIMING...AROUND 6:50 PM.
* EF-SCALE RATING...EF0.
* ESTIMATED MAX WIND SPEED...65 MPH.
* MAX WIDTH...20 YARDS.
* PATH LENGTH...APPROXIMATELY 1/2 MILE.
* DAMAGE INFORMATION...BRIEF TOUCHDOWN WITH NO SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE.
ENHANCED FUJITA /EF/ SCALE INFORMATION...
PLEASE NOTE THE NUMBERS BELOW ARE APPROXIMATE WIND SPEEDS FOR DAMAGE
EF0... 65 - 85 MPH
EF1... 86 - 110 MPH
EF2... 111 - 135 MPH
EF3... 136 - 165 MPH
EF4... 166 - 200 MPH
EF5... 201 MPH OR GREATER
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE AVAILABLE LATER TODAY AS THE STORM
SURVEY TEAMS CONTINUES THE SURVEY IN DAVIESS COUNTY.