November 2009 Weather Summary
November 2009 was a mild month temperature-wise and days with precipitation were few and far between at Grand Island and Hastings. The average monthly temperature at Grand Island was 43.7 degrees, which was 7.3 degrees above normal. Hastings had an average monthly temperature of 44.4 degrees which was 7.2 degrees above normal. Grand Island received 0.17 inch of precipitation, which was 1.24 inches below normal. Precipitation at Hastings totaled 0.21 inch which was 1.25 inch below normal. Just a trace of snowfall (non-measurable) occurred at both Grand Island and Hastings on the 15th and 16th
A few records were set at Grand Island and Hastings during the month of November:
- Grand Island - November 11. New record-warm minimum temperature of 46 degrees. The previous record was 45 degrees set in 1912.
- Grand Island - November 12. New record-warm minimum temperature of 51 degrees. The previous record was 45 degrees set in 2001 and 2005.
- Hastings - November 23. New record-warm minimum temperature of 44 degrees. The previous record was 42 degrees set in 1933.
- Hastings - November 27. Tied the record high temperature of 70 degrees. This tied the previous record of 70 degrees last set in 1988.
The following is a summary of noteworthy weather events across south central Nebraska and north central Kansas during November:
- November 15-16: A winter storm system produced snowfall across portions of south central Nebraska and north central Kansas. Click here for information on the snowfall.
- November 1-30: November was a mild month and average monthly high temperatures were warmer than those experienced in October of 2009. Click here for the temperature information.
Return to Latest News