Kendall County StormReady!
Kendall County became only the 18th county in Illinois to become StormReady. The StormReady program recognizes communities, counties, and colleges/universities that establish exceptional severe weather preparedness plans and communications. Some of the requirements include;
- Having an Emergency Operations Center and a 24 hour warning point to receive watches and warnings from the National Weather Serice
- Redundant methods of receving watches and warnings
- Redundant methods of disseminating warning information to the public and county/community officials
- Methods of monitoring local weather conditions and radar
- A team of trained severe storm spotters
- Pubic education programs on severe weather safety and preparedness
- Annual severe weather exercies
- communications with the local NWS office
The Kendall County Emergency Management Agency has worked hard to meet or exceed the requirements.
For more information on the StormReady program, please visit http://www.stormready.noaa.gov/
Return to News Archive