Issued by NWS Springfield, MO
WGUS43 KSGF 130715
BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO
215 AM CDT MON APR 13 2015
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...
Little Osage near Horton affecting Vernon County.
.Recent heavy rain Sunday morning and additional rainfall expected
over the next few hours will continue to cause fast rises on the
Little Osage River.
Those with property and livestock along the river should continue to
monitor river conditions.Additional river information can be found on
our Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service page at
715 AM GMT MON APR 13 2015
* From late tonight...until further notice.
...For the Little Osage near Horton...
* At 1:45 AM Monday The stage was 32.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 41.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by around midnight
and continue to rise to near 41.5 feet by early Wednesday morning.
The river will fall below flood stage by early afternoon on
* Impact...At 41.0 feet...Minor flooding affects low lying areas near
the gage site and farmland along the river.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu
Little Osage River Basin
Horton 41 32.3 Mon 02 AM 41.3 41.5 39.2
LAT...LON 3800 9454 3801 9437 3795 9437 3794 9455