- NOAA's National Weather Service Education Page - Links to classroom materials (including brochures, videos, etc.). Also has links for information on careers in Meteorology, websites specially designed for younger viewers, images for classroom use, and links to other weather-related sites.
- JetStream - Online weather school for educators as well as anyone interested in learning more about meteorology. Sponsored and produced by members of the National Weather Service.
- Audio / Video - Listing of available multimedia to view or listen to including public service announcments, videos from sources outside the NWS, and safety issues.
- Owlie Skywarn Homepage- Visit Owlie, the official mascot of the National Weather Service (NWS), and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and allow your students to learn about the hazards of severe weather, and some safety tips to keep them and their families safe!
- Severe Weather Emergency Plan - The NWS office in Riverton has a guide available to help school administrators and teachers develop a severe weather emergency plan for their school. The guide contains vital information to prepare teachers, administrators, and school bus drivers for hazardous weather. To request your own copy, contact Warning Coordination Meteorologist Chris Jones via email, or call 1-800-211-1448.
- Spotter Talks and Weather Radio - Teachers and school administrators are encouraged to attend a spotter training course at least once every two years. To find out when a spotter talk is scheduled for your area, please click here. Also every school and each district headquarters should be equipped with a NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards. For more information on NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards, please visit our informative webpage.
The National Weather Service in Riverton, WY is available to speak at public events, school talks, and organizational meetings on a wide range of weather-related topics. Please fill out a request form from below, and a member of the staff at the NWS Riverton will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!